Practically everyone knows that Pilates can help you sculpt beautiful abs. But devotees of the ever more popular workout have a secret: It’s also a great way to get sleek thighs, a tight tush, and a totally toned lower body.
You don’t have to squander your savings on expensive studio lessons to reap the benefits.
Do these exercises three times a week for eight weeks and you’ll show off enviable legs and an amazing butt to go along with your firmer middle.
2Grasshopper on Ball
Targets: Outer hips, glutes, hamstrings
- Lie on ball with palms on floor under shoulders, fingers pointing forward, legs extended and abs pulled in.
- Raise legs to hip level, rotating thighs so toes are pointing toward corners.
Side-Kneeling Triangle Lift
Targets: Outer thighs, glutes
- Kneel with right knee on floor, right palm aligned under shoulder and thigh perpendicular to floor.
- Place left hand behind head, extending left leg out to side.
- Lift left leg to hip height, inner thigh facing floor, toes pointed, squeezing glutes and drawing in abs.
- Keeping left leg at hip height, continue to squeeze glutes as you pull leg 12 inches behind you (not shown).