Practically everyone knows that Pilates can help you sculpt beautiful abs. But devotees of the ever more popular workout have a secret: It’s also a great way to get sleek thighs, a tight tush, and a totally toned lower body.
You don’t have to squander your savings on expensive studio lessons to reap the benefits.
Do these exercises three times a week for eight weeks and you’ll show off enviable legs and an amazing butt to go along with your firmer middle.
1Modified Sissy Squat
Targets: Quads, Hips, Glutes
- Kneel on floor, sitting back on heels with knees slightly apart, holding bar across upper back with torso erect.
- Lift hips, squeezing glutes as you come up while tilting pelvis and rolling butt underneath hips.
- Hold for 1 count; lower and repeat.
Flex and Extend
Targets: Hamstrings, Quads, Calves, Core
- Sit tall on a stability ball facing a wall with knees bent 90 degrees, toes apart and resting on bar placed against the wall, feet turned out toward corners with heels together.
- Extend arms out by thighs, palms facing behind you.
- Squeeze glutes and slowly roll away from the wall, straightening legs.
- Hold for 1 count, then slowly bend knees to roll back to start.