Everywhere you turn, people are speaking of the health benefits of fish and fish oil, especially Omega 3 and fatty acids. But what are they actually? Are they entirely different things? Or similar things?
Let’s figure out why fish is so important for a healthy heart and brain. Number of scientific studies have illustrated why supplementing best quality fish oil is so important for a healthy diet. It has been found that fish contains high content of Omega-3 Fatty acids that serve as health promoting nutrients.
Your heart, brain, joints, and muscles all depend upon these essential fatty acids and other nutrients found in fish, in order to work properly.
If your body doesn’t get these nutrients, it can become more prone to disease and degradation. Eating Salmon can help prevent various diseases and promote longevity and long lasting health.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids protects your Heart, Brain and Over-all Health
Hundreds of studies have explained the importance of Omega-3 fatty acids. Let’s figure out how these acids help protect our heart and brain from all diseases.
- It helps reduce the risk of all types of cancer.
- It maintains your blood pressure and promotes healthy living.
- It greatly supports normal blood lipids.
- It reduces inflammatory pain up to great extent.
- It helps protect your memory for lifetime and fight against Alzheimer.
- It lessens the risk of sudden death due to CVD.
- It helps decrease blood clot formation and triglyceride levels.
- It effectively protects your body from Chron‘s disease.
- Fatty acids work by reducing Hypertension and Migraine headaches.
- It helps improve your arterial health.
- It keeps your skin fresh and glowing and fights against eczema and psoriasis.
Essential and Healthy Fatty Acids that You Can’t Live Without:
Essential Fatty Acids (EFA) are quite crucial to every single cell of your body and important for anti-aging. Just like other vitamins and minerals, your body requires EFAs, in order to treat and prevent various diseases. EFAs can be broadly categorized into two major classes, that is:
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Omega-6 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 Fatty Acids:
This acid includes Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA) and Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). EPA and DHA are commonly termed as “Long chain fatty acids” and are found mostly in cold water fish, such as:
- Rainbow trout
On the other hand, ALA is termed as “short chain acids” and is found primarily in flaxseed oil, hemp seed, canola, walnut and more.
Omega-6 Fatty Acids:
This acid includes several essential acids such as, Linolenic Acid (LA), Dihomo Gamma Linolenic Acid (DGLA) and Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA). Omega-6 is generally found in vegetables oils like corn, sunflower etc.
In Five Ways Fish Oil Protect our Heart and Brain:
- Fish can greatly reduce disease-causing inflammation.
- It helps protect against cancer.
- Fish help lubricate our joints and repair worn out tissues.
- Fish and several fish oils can slow down the aging process.
- It protects our body against heart attacks and promotes health.
So, these were some widely touted benefits of eating Fish, which plays a crucial rule in our healthy lifestyles. Promote Healthy Heart, Healthy Brain And Healthy Living!