The position in which you sleep is an individualistic choice of comfort which should not be altered according to what is standard. Notably, one standard that everyone thinks is right is- sleeping on one’s back. It is proven that certain medical conditions, such as sleep apnea, snoring, sinus congestions, and acid refluxes, can get aggravated by sleeping straight on one’s back.
Therefore, sleep experts recommend that one should sleep in a manner that keeps them most comfortable. Even if it means you need to add positioning pillows to your sleep apparatus.
Positioning cushions or pillows can either be body pillows or memory foam wedges that allow you to sleep on your side or with legs or back elevated. Here are the benefits of positioning pillows that you didn’t know.
- As much as you would think that positioning sleep accessories such as positioning pillows for elderly might be expensive, they are not. In fact, they are quite affordable even if you opt for the pricey memory foam variants.
- The positioning pillows are designed to support your back, neck, and shoulders as you sleep. For the ones suffering with chronic backaches, they make sure that no pressure falls on your spine as they conform to the shape of your upper body.
- If you want to use positioning pillows for your legs, they are designed in such a manner that the blood circulation in your body will improve immediately, giving you a better night’s sleep.
- If you feel a burning sensation in your food pipe regularly, then you are suffering from a chronic gastrointestinal condition called Acid Reflux. In this, the acids from your stomach travel to your food pipe and cause irritation. However, if you sleep with your upper body elevated on a positioning wedge, the acids will be less likely to travel upwards, saving you the trouble.
- When you sleep on your back, it is possible that your air passage gets strained and narrow, resulting in heavy snoring. This is common amongst both men and women. If you have had enough of your snoring partner or the flattened air passage annoys you as you breathe, you can use positioning cushions. They will keep your upper body elevated and prevent straining of the windpipe.
- Varicose veins and swollen feet are two conditions common to women, especially the ones who are pregnant. They can use positioning cushions to provide their muscles with some relaxation and sleep comfortably.
- Often, people experience chest congestion or start feeling claustrophobic when asked to sleep on their back. Here, positioning pillows for elderly come in handy for them so that they can keep their head high and sleep.
- When you are having trouble sleeping because your leg, knees, arms, or hands are injured, you can simply use positioning pillows to place them and sleep comfortably.
There you have it! With the above benefits of positioning pillows, no matter which age group you belong to, you will be able to wake up a new every day.